SeatingClick to see 3D view from seats
Marriott Center (701 E University Parkway in Provo)
LaVell Edwards Stadium (1700 N Canyon Rd in Provo)
Miller Park (400 E University Parkway in Provo)
From Salt Lake City (north):
Heading south on I-15, get off the freeway at Exit No. 269 (University Parkway). Turn left at the street light. Stay on this same road proceeding east until you reach the facilities. This road will take you past the University Mall in Orem and into Provo. The LaVell Edwards Stadium is located on the corner of University Parkway and Canyon Road. The Marriott Center and the Larry and Gail Miller Baseball and Softball Complex are located about a block further east on University Parkway in Provo.
Optional routes include exiting I-15 at 800 North or Center Street in Orem (thus avoiding the University Parkway exit which tends to have more traffic), traveling east toward the mountain and finally making a RIGHT turn onto Highway 189/University Avenue. From University Avenue, make a left at University Parkway (1650 North). The LaVell Edwards Stadium is located on the corner of University Parkway and Canyon Road. The Marriott Center and the Larry and Gail Miller Baseball and Softball Complex are located about a block further east on University Parkway in Provo.
From St. George (south):
Heading north on I-15, get off the freeway at Exit No. 263 (University Avenue) in Provo. Drive north on University Avenue until you reach University Parkway (1650 North). Turn right. The LaVell Edwards Stadium is located on the corner of University Parkway and Canyon Road. The Marriott Center and the Larry and Gail Miller Baseball and Softball Complex are located about a block further east on University Parkway in Provo.
Cougar Club Parking
Cougar Club lots are designated above. Lot assignments are based on membership and priority points and are adjusted each year. For more information call the Cougar Club at 801-422-2583.
- All reserved parking lots will be held for pass holders until approximately 30 minutes after game time
- Passes are permits for the specified lot only
State-issued Disability Parking (near stalls Lot 3)
The near stalls of Lot 3 (see map) have been designated by BYU as public parking for persons with state-issued disability permits. Disability parking in other lots is open only to those who qualify for that lot. Select for information on acquiring state-issued parking.
Public non-reserved parking lots are available around Edwards Stadium and other areas as as specified at map.byu.edu.
Bus Services UTA website
Individuals are allowed to tailgate as long as it does not take additional stalls and/or block the travel lanes. Tailgating activities may occur directly behind or in front of one’s own vehicle. For safety reasons, the use of charcoal or open flame (wood) is not allowed. The use of propane grills is allowed.
Information & Policies
All advertisements and handouts must be approved prior to an event. For information regarding advertising with BYU Athletics, contact BYU Athletic Marketing at 801-422-9196.
Alcohol is not permitted anywhere on BYU Campus, including inside the stadium or in its parking lots.
Smoking is prohibited inside the gates of Edwards Stadium. Alcohol is strictly prohibited on BYU Campus.
Pets are not allowed inside the Marriott Center. For rules regarding dogs used for disability services, see “Service Dogs.”
Assisted listening devices are available free of charge at the Marriott Center Sound Booth, which is located inside the arena between the entrances to portals G and H. To ensure the devices are returned, guests must leave a driver’s license or a major credit card as collateral. The devices are operable from any seat in the arena.
An ATM is not available at the Marriott Center. However, most concession stands accept credit cards.
Bicycle racks are available on each of the four corners outside of the Marriott Center, adjacent to the glass entrance doors.
The use of cellular phones is permitted inside the Marriott Center provided their use does not interfere with another guest’s ability to enjoy the event.
- Children two and older require a ticket to all ticketed events. Younger infants not requiring a ticket must be seated on a lap and must not interefere with the sightlines or enjoyment of other guests.
- Strollers and infant car seats must be checked at a stroller check. For BYU Men’s Basketball games, the stroller check is located at Guest Services at portal X on the concourse.
- To use a Mother’s Room, ask an usher for directions.
- Diaper changing stations are located inside each disability restroom inside the disability-accessible stall (See “Restrooms”).
- For large events, such as BYU Men’s Basketball games, lost children are taken to the First Aid Station on the concourse. For other events, ask an usher for assistance.
For information regarding food items sold at the Marriott Center during events, please contact BYU Concessions at 801-422-1738. Multiple concession locations are available on the Marriott Center concourse .
The Cougar Pep Band performs at most BYU Basketball games. During the game, members are seated in section 16 (northwest basketend chair seats).
For more information regarding premium Courtside Cougar Seating,
contact the Cougar Club at 801-422-2583. Courtside Cougar Tickets
include priority parking, a pre-game meal and halftime amenities.
- For CES Firesides, BYU Devotionals, BYU Women’s Conference, and Campus Education Week, deaf seating is available on rows 3 and 4 of section 8 for individuals who need sign language interpreters. Enter through portal H.
- Guests with questions about Deaf and Hard of Hearing accommodations for other events should contact the Marriott Center Ticket Office (801-422-2981) for ticketed events and the Marriott Center Special Events Office (801-422-6022) for non-ticketed events.
- Requests for sign language interpretation for events other than those listed above must be placed at least 72 hours prior to the event.
- BYU students who need interpreters should contact the University Accessibility Center at 801-422-2767. All other patrons should direct requests to the Marriott Center Special Events Office at 801-422-6022.
The Marriott Center Ticket Office will exchange tickets in order to accommodate guests with disabilities. Non-disabled guests who hold tickets to wheelchair sections may be relocated when necessary in order to accommodate guests with disabilities. If a guest in a wheelchair exchanges a conventional seat ticket for a wheelchair section ticket, the Marriott Center Ticket Office will make an effort to place the guest in the closest or comparable wheelchair section to the ticket that was exchanged.
Seating accommodations for guests in wheelchairs or with other physical disabilities are available at the Marriott Center. Disability seating is located on the concourse level of the arena just inside portals F, H, L, T, and Y.
- For ticketed events, wheelchair section tickets are required. With each disability-accessible ticket, up to three companion tickets may be available for purchase. If you have already purchased your tickets and are concerned they will not meet your accommodation needs, please contact the Marriott Center Ticket Office as early as possible before the event.
- For free, general admission events, seats in the wheelchair section are first-come, first-served. Each guest is allowed one companion to accompany him or her in these areas. We recommend coming at least one hour early to these events. For most of these events, additional disability seating may be available at the playing floor level. Inquire of the Marriott Center ushers upon arrival.
- For away basketball games, disability-accessible tickets are available upon request. Please inform ticket office personnel of any necessary accommodations at time of purchase.
Shirts are required. Clothing displaying unsportsmanlike, obscene or profane comments are not permitted.
The Marriott Center is located in Provo, Utah, on the campus of Brigham Young University. We recommend the following routes:
From Salt Lake City (north of Provo):
Heading south on Interstate 15, take Exit 269-University Parkway in Orem. Merge left to go east on University Parkway. Continue eastbound until you reach the Marriott Center, located on the corner of University Parkway and 450 East.
From St. George (south of Provo):
Heading north on Interstate 15, take Exit 263-University Avenue in Provo. Drive north on University Avenue until you reach University Parkway (1650 North). Turn right and continue eastbound. The Marriott Center is located on the corner of 450 East and University Parkway.
For BYU Men’s Basketball games, complimentary earplugs are available at the Guest Services station, just inside the northeast doors, between portals A and Y.
For your convenience, an elevator is located directly in the middle of the north side of the building. This is the only elevator for this facility and stops on three levels:
- Level 1: playing floor level, at the bottom of sections 1 to 24.
- Level 2: ticket lobby, located south of the lobby entrance.
- Level 3: concourse level, between the upper and lower sections.
If you must contact a guest during an event due to an emergency, please call the Special Events Office at 801-422-6022. Ushers and University Police officers will do their best to locate them quickly inside the venue. See also “Text Messaging Service” below.
- For BYU Men’s Basketball games, all entrances will open ninety minutes prior to the published tip-off time. ROC Pass holders who wish to line up early to enter the general admission student section should do so at the northwest doors of the building. ROC Pass holders may be admitted up to 30 minutes prior to ticket holders.
- For BYU Campus productions such as Homecoming Spectacular, Christmas Around the World and Ballroom in Concert, the building will open for admission one hour prior to the start of the performance.
- For information regarding other events, contact the Special Events Office at 801-422-6022.
In the event of an emergency, please direct your attention to the video walls/board and listen for announcements on the PA system. BYU Event Staff members will also provide direction. Guests with disabilities should contact the nearest usher for assistance.
For large events, such as BYU Men’s Basketball games, medical assistance is available at the First Aid Station, which is located on the concourse between portals R and Q. For smaller events, contact an usher for assistance.
During BYU Basketball games, only authorized and properly credentialed personnel will be permitted on the playing floor before, during, or after a game. Any unauthorized person who enters the playing floor will face a fine and ejection from the arena.
BYU Basketball game programs can be purchased on the concourse until halftime. After that time they are available at Guest Services on the concourse between portals A and Y.
For BYU Men’s Basketball games, a Guest Services station is open on the concourse level by portal X. This station opens as soon as guests are permitted into the arena and closes approximately fifteen minutes after the event ends. Please visit this location with any questions, concerns, or comments you may have during an event. Wheelchairs for use in transporting guests to their seats are also available at this location. (See “Wheelchairs.”) For these services for other events, see “Special Events Office.”
Obscene gestures, vulgar language, or unsafe behavior, such as body surfing, tossing a person in the air, holding a person above the head, etc. are unacceptable and may result in ejection.
Lost and Found articles should be reported or turned into the Marriott Center Special Events Office or to an usher. Any articles not claimed after the event will be sent from the Marriott Center to University Central Lost and Found in Room 118 of the Wilkinson Student Center (WSC). This office can be reached at 801-422-3024.
BYU Cougar merchandise is for sale during BYU Men’s Basketball games on the concourse at BYU Bookstore locations on the north side of the building. Unauthorized merchandise sales on BYU Campus are strictly prohibited.
All public address announcements are carefully scripted for each event. It is not possible for guests to facilitate any personal announcements during an event unless there is an emergency.
- Cougar Club parking is located in several lots surrounding the Marriott Center. All reserved parking lots will be held for pass holders until halftime of each game. Passes are permits for the specified lot only.
- Disability parking is located in Lot 3, northeast of the arena.
- Public parking in non-reserved parking lots is available at such places as Edwards Stadium and the BYU administration building.
- To view a map of BYU campus, go to http://map.byu.edu.
- Public parking is available for other events (excluding Women’s Conference) in all lots surrounding the Marriott Center. Overflow parking is available at Edwards Stadium.
- Disability parking is available in the lot directly north of the building. For larger events, an expanded disability area will be created in the same locations as for BYU men’s basketball games.
KSL Radio broadcasts a play-by-play synopsis of each BYU Men’s Basketball game. At the Marriott Center it can be accessed on personal radios on 102.7 FM or 1100 AM (not 1160 AM). All personal radios must be used with headsets.
The Marriott Center reserves the right to inspect all items brought into the facility. By using a ticket to enter the stadium, each guest consents to such a search and waives any related claims against BYU. Guests who refuse to consent to these searches will be denied entry into the arena. Additional security measures may be implemented to ensure the safety of all guests and personnel within the facility.
For Marriott Center/Edwards Stadium events, the following items are not allowed inside:
- Weapons of any type
- Bags larger than 12”x12”x12”
- Other large items
- Food or drink (including bottled water)
- Umbrellas (ponchos recommended)
- Glass bottles, cans, or coolers
- Battery operated megaphones
- Artificial noisemakers
- Signs larger than 22”x28”
- Sticks or poles
- Laster pointers
- Video cameras
- Any other items deemed dangerous by management
The following items are permitted after inspection:
- Bags 12”x12”x12” or smaller
- Personal radios (with earpiece)
- Poster board signs (see “Personal Signs”)
- Still cameras (no large camera bags)
- Empty water bottles or cups
- Medical Supplies
- Baby supplies
All public restrooms are located on the concourse level. Men’s disability restrooms are located near portals L and Y. Women’s disability restrooms are located near portals U and G.
Guests using a wheelchair wider than 28” should use the restroom in the Ticket Lobby.
There are no family restrooms at the Marriott Center. There is also no formal Mother’s Room. If this accommodation is needed, please inquire of the Marriott Center staff.
Certified service dogs and dogs-in-training are welcome inside the Marriott Center but must remain on a leash or in a harness at all times. If you intend to bring a service dog to a ticketed event, please notify the Marriott Center Ticket Office representative at the time of ticket purchase so that accommodations can be made for you before your arrival to the event.
Guests are welcome to display signs inside the arena during events, provided they are not in poor taste, political, offensive to teams, groups, or individuals, profane, or an advertisement. The sign should not be larger than 22”x28” (the size of one piece of poster board), impede another guest’s view of the floor, cause a disturbance among other fans, be affixed to any railings or walls, cover any arena signage, or be made of any material deemed hazardous by Event Management. The Marriott Center reserves the right to confiscate any signs.
The Marriott Center Special Events Office is the guest services headquarters of the Marriott Center. It is located inside the Ticket Lobby on the north side of the building. This office opens as soon as guests are permitted into the arena and closes approximately thirty minutes after the event ends. Please visit this location with any questions, concerns, or comments you may have during an event. Prior to or after the event, you can do the same by calling the Marriott Center Special Events Office at 801-422-6022.
Personal stadium chairs are permitted inside the Marriott Center, but the stadium chairs must not exceed 18 inches in width or depth. Chairs larger than 18 inches will encroach on the seating area of others and guests may be asked to discontinue their use. No stadium chairs are available to rent at the Marriott Center.
Standing is not permitted on the concourse, ramps, or portal entries. Each ticket holder must occupy the seat purchased.
Excessive standing in non-student sections: Please be aware that when you stand, you block the view of the fans behind you. We do not wish to diminish your ability to cheer and enjoy the game; however, your continued standing can interfere with others’ ability to enjoy the game from their seats.
Individuals are permitted to tailgate as long as it does not take additional stalls or block the travel lanes of the parking lots. Tailgating activities should occur directly behind or in front of one’s vehicle. Large group spaces for RVs, etc., are located in the lot north of the Indoor Practice Facility near the Smith Fieldhouse. The use of propane grills is permitted, but charcoal or open flame (wood) grills are not allowed due to safety reasons.
During men’s basketball games, guests may report security or guest services concerns by texting the keyword BYU, followed by their location and issue to 69050. Arena management will follow up immediately on any valid requests (e.g. BYU spilled soda section 6 row 3 seat 11).
Questions or need further HELP in regards to this text program?
Send your email to CustomerCare@ISS247.com or call toll-free
Participation in our service is free of charge but standard carrier
text messaging & data charges will apply.
Text STOP, END, QUIT, CANCEL, UNSUBSCRIBE, STOPALL to 69050
to be removed from any list and end subscription to the service.
Throwing of any object of any type of material or substance is a safety hazard and is not allowed. This includes throwing anything onto the playing floor and ball playing in the facility or parking lot areas.
- Reselling tickets: Season tickets holders who wish to resell their tickets may do so securely on BYU Ticket Marketplace through the BYU Ticket Office. BYU cannot be responsible for any ticket purchased through any third party organization, web site or person other than BYUtickets.com. Scalping tickets is not permitted on BYU property (Provo City Code, sec. 6.27.010).
- Re-entry: Guests must have their ticket or ROC pass “exit scanned” upon leaving the venue to be eligible to re-enter. Exit scanning is available at all gates. If you are exiting the venue but plan on returning, please notify the closest ticket taker. The ticket taker will “exit scan” the ticket or ROC pass. Upon re-entry, the previously “exit scanned” ticket or ROC pass must be presented to the ticket taker to be re-scanned to allow re-entry.
- All tickets are non-transferrable. Once a ticket is scanned, it may not be used by another guest to enter the venue, even if the original guest is leaving. (Check with the Special Events Office for exceptions at 801-422-6022.)
- All guests two and older require a ticket. (See “Children.”)
- For any ticketing questions or concerns, contact the BYU Ticket Office.
The BYU Ticket Office facilitates ticket sales for all athletic and fine arts events. Main offices are located inside the north entrance of the Marriott Center as well as in main lobby of the Harris Fine Arts Center. Phone service is available Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM to answer all ticketing questions. Office hours vary on event days and on holidays.
Tickets can be purchased:
- Online at BYUtickets.com.
- On the phone: 801-422-BYU1(2981)
- In person at the BYU Ticket Office windows (during office hours).
- Additional point-of-sale locations: During BYU Basketball games and other large events, tickets may be on sale at the satellite tickets booths outside the northwest and northeast corners of the building.
With the four-sided DiamondVision screen in the center of the arena, every guest seated in the arena is able to see live game footage, replay action, as well as informational footage.
If you are able to sit in a regular seat, but have brought your own wheelchair for transportation, please leave your wheelchair at the Guest Services booth, between portal A and Y on the northeast side of the Marriott Center. Please ask an usher for assistance if necessary.
Wheelchairs for Transport
Although there are no wheelchairs available to rent at the Marriott Center, a limited number are available to borrow to transport guests to their seats. These wheelchairs are available in the Guest Services booth, between portal A and Y on the northeast side of the Marriott Center. To ensure the wheelchairs are returned, please bring a driver’s license to leave as collateral.
For information regarding food items sold at venues during events, please click here to see a map of vendor locations. If you have further questions, you may call BYU Concessions at 801-422-1738.